The 42 Principles of Maat are also known in Kemetic legacy as the 42 Negative Confessions. Each confession is spoken aloud twice daily, with the corresponding preface. The prefaces are, "I will not...", said after midnight and before 12 noon and, "I have not...", to be said after 12 noon and before 12 midnight. The following translation is accredited to the Shrine of Khpra, worldwide, and reflects the 42 principles for the 21st Century and beyond, for everyday living and transformation.
1. I will not do wrong.
2. I will not commit armed robbery.
3. I will not steal in general.
4. I will not kill another human.
5. I will not unjustly hold back the light.
6. I will not lessen my sacred service to Ntr. (the Most High, Creator, etc.)
7. I will not take the things that belong to Ntr.
8. I will not tell or listen to lies.
9. I will not waste food.
10. I will not pity myself so deeply that I speak wrongly of others.
11. I will not be controlled by sexual desire or action.
12. I will not be the cause of sadness and tears to anyone.
13. I will not disguise the true intentions of my heart's motives.
14. I will not transgress the law (Maat).
15. I will not act with hidden motives.
16. I will not take the property that another person has worked for.
17. I will not discuss the sexual secrets of others that I have overheard.
18. I will not sue another person falsely.
19. I will not step out of Maat and into anger against anyone.
20. I will not take another person's mate.*
21. I will not take another person's mate.*
22. I will not use my sexual strength incorrectly.
23. I will not be a terrorist against anyone.
24. I will not step out against, or cause the natural elements of earth to be polluted.
24. I will not let my temper control or consume me.
26. I will not be deaf to Maat (right/true speech).
27. I will not use words that curse and cause grief.
28. I will not start an argument or bring it to violence (mentally or physically).
29. I will not start trouble or cause strife.
30. I will not pre-judge in my heart.
31. I will not be controlled or seduced by sexual secrets I have heard.
32. I will not speak unnecessarily or loudly.
33. I will not do wrong, or continue to do wrong because others have wronged me.
34. I will not plot against those in current authority.
35. I will not waste water, or use it for selfish reasons.
36. I will not raise my voice arrogantly.
37. I will not curse Ntr (the Most High) or an Ntru (guardian, angel, Divine aspect, etc.)
38. I will not praise wrong doings or produce those who do.
39. I will not take what belongs to the Ntru.
40. I will not steal from the sacred deceased.
41. I will not offend any child or the divinity of my area.
42. I will not offend the divinity of animals.
* note that #'s 20 and 21 are stated twice intentionally.
Maat is the Ancient Egyptian (Kemetic) goddess (ntru-t) of cosmic law. She represents the epitome of truth and justice, and operates solely to restore balance to out-of-balance situations. She is not interested in who, what or why, rather, she operates on the premise of whether an action is in balance and within the will of the One Most High God.
Are you living a life which adheres to the principles of Maat? To answer this question, take a look at your relationships, health (mental, physical, spiritual, emotional), your sucess with business and finances, and your home environment. Be honest with yourself and determine which area(s) may need improvement.~